Online Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program financial aid
Yale School of Nursing is committed to helping you invest in your future. Discover how to finance your education below.
Online PMHNP program financial aid resources
Eligible U.S. citizens and permanent residents who proceed at the normal part-time pace of study may be able to take advantage of federal student loans. In addition to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form, admitted students will be asked to submit the Yale School of Nursing Financial Aid Application.
Federal Nursing Student Loans may be available for students with demonstrated need.
YSN offers both need- and merit-based scholarships to eligible students. Need-based scholarships are awarded on the basis of demonstrated need via the FAFSA (for U.S. citizens and permanent residents). Merit-based scholarships are offered to applicants who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, leadership capacity, and overall excellence.
Scholarship notification is made at the time of admission to the program. Need-based scholarships require annual filing of a new FAFSA form and continued demonstrated need. Merit-based scholarships are renewed annually throughout the length of the program as long as a student makes satisfactory academic progress and maintains a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.50 or higher.
Tuition assistance through your employer can be one of the best ways to cover the cost of your online Master of Science in Nursing. Given the part-time nature of the PMHNP program, you may be able to continue working while earning your nursing degree. To confirm if your employer offers tuition assistance, schedule a meeting with human resources to answer the following questions:
- Is there an official tuition reimbursement policy? How do I know if I qualify?
- Are benefits available to all full-time employees or only full-time employees who have been at the company for a certain amount of time? Are any benefits available to part-time employees or per diem employees?
- Am I still eligible if the degree program is not directly related to my current job?
- Do I need to stay with the organization for a certain amount of time after graduation? What happens if I don’t?
- How do I apply to the tuition reimbursement program? Do I need approval from my manager?
Financial aid frequently asked questions
All applicants must fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Student Financial Aid), which can be completed online. Please note that our school code number is 001426-00. In addition to the FAFSA form, new students must submit the Yale School of Nursing Financial Aid Application.